- This event has passed.
Living Well with Vision Loss: Narragansett
September 29 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am
An estimated 22,000 Rhode Islanders are living with a visual impairment, which is expected to dramatically increase as the Baby Boomer generation ages. However, living with a visual impairment does not mean people must give up on the things they love. It just means learning to adapt to a new way of doing those things.
Living with Vision Loss is a free one-hour workshop facilitated by IN-SIGHT Executive Director Christopher Butler and Client Outreach Coordinator Doreen Holmes that includes answers to the following frequently asked questions:
– What are some of the most common causes of vision loss?
– What is the vision loss adjustment process?
– What services are available to help people with this adjustment?
– How can family, friends, and caregivers be most helpful?
– If you don’t have a visual impairment, how can you decrease your chances of
developing one in the future?
This workshop is ideal for people age 55+, whether they have a visual impairment or not. It is also helpful for family members, friends, caregivers, staff members, volunteers, and anyone else interested in learning how to help people with visual impairments to live independent and active